The Galaxy Buds Pro are one of the best true wireless earbuds in the market. Paired with great features and a stylish design, they offer an amazing value for money, especially now as the price is low.
These little buds are extremely comfortable, with superb sound quality that is balanced and good on the ear. The highs and lows are clear, without an overwhelming bass. However, this can come out as flat or “unfilling” for those who love a heavy bass.
How to improve bass quality
Most people would dive into the phone equalizer to try and choose a profile that leans more onto bass. Unfortunately, neither the phone equalizer nor the equalizer that is paired with the Galaxy Buds app could improve the bass in a way that was satisfactory enough. Most apps on the app store also fell flat as they only boosted the bass, but ruined the sound quality. Nevertheless, we were able to find an app that really made a day and night difference.
Download Poweramp Equalizer
To elevate the audio experience to a whole new level, download the Poweramp equalizer. What differentiates this equalizer from every other app is how it handles its audio processing. Not only does it boost bass, it does so without harming sound quality or clarity; balanced and clear, it tweaks the audio bass forming a pleasant listening experience. The only downside is that this app only works with certain apps such as Spotify, Youtube Music and a few others. To make it work system-wide with all audio sessions, enable advanced player tracking through ADB shell. Though this can be complex for some people. (Note: The premium unlocked version only costs $5.49)
Considering the Galaxy Buds Pro? These are some of it's cool features
- Wireless charging case. If you own the newer generation Galaxy devices that support reverse wireless charging (wireless PowerShare), it’s a match made in heaven. It’s so convenient to charge them with just your phone.
- Intelligent active noise cancellation. This feature is extremely underrated. The earbuds will automatically turn off ANC when you are talking to ambient mode to allow sound. You never have to take them off when talking to people.
- High-quality microphones. Featuring three built-in microphones, calls are clear and background noise is well filtered.
- Auto Switch. If you have multiple Galaxy devices, the Buds Pro will seamlessly switch to a device that is being used.
- 360 Audio. Similar to Apple’s Spatial audio, 360 audio creates an immersive experience when watching movies or listening to music.
- Find feature. If you misplace these earbuds, the SmartThings app can be used to locate them by emitting a sound.
- Aesthetically pleasing design. Available in three colours, these earbuds look great on any ear.
- Good battery life. With ANC off, get 8hrs of playtime and 28hrs with the case; or 5hrs with ANC on and up to 18hrs with the case.
- Fast charging. Five minutes of charging gets you an hour of playtime, which comes in handy when you forget to charge them.
- IPX7 Water-resistant. Even the newer Galaxy Buds 2 are not IPX7 certified.
Best alternatives for the Galaxy Buds Pro
- Galaxy Buds 2Compact, stylish and the most comfortable Galaxy earbuds, these are the latest from Samsung. They are quite similar to the Galaxy Buds Pro with a thing or two missing.BUY NOW
- Airpods ProIf you own an iPhone, the Airpods Pro are the way to go. (Feature packed with incredible sound)BUY NOW
- Airpods 3Not eveyone loves a silicon tip (These are the best open earbuds). The Airpods 3 are the latest earbuds from Apple; and they sound amazing.BUY NOW
- Sony WF-1000XM4There is a reason why these earbuds are featured in every tech article. They tick all boxes without compromise.BUY NOW