Per-key RGB keyboards are the latest trend in the world of computer peripherals. These keyboards are designed to give users an unprecedented level of customization, allowing them to adjust the lighting and effects on each key individually. With Per-Key RGB lighting, users can enhance visibility, improve the gaming experience, and add a unique aesthetic touch to their desktop setup.
You’ll find most Per-key RGB keyboards on high-end gaming laptops, but you can also buy individual keyboards for your desktop setup. Check out our compiled list at the end.
Benefits of Per-Key RGB keyboards
Per-key RGB keyboards offer a variety of benefits for users, including:
- Customizable lighting: With per-key RGB lighting, users can customize the lighting for each individual key on the keyboard. This allows for a wide range of lighting effects and color options, making it easy to personalize the keyboard to match a user’s style or preferences.
- Increased visibility: The ability to adjust the lighting on each key can help improve visibility when gaming or typing in low-light conditions. This can be especially useful in dimly lit rooms.
- Improved gaming experience: Many per-key RGB keyboards come with software that allows users to create macros and customize lighting effects specifically for gaming. This can improve the overall gaming experience and give users an edge when competing online.
- Better organization: With per-key RGB lighting, users can easily create color-coded layouts for different tasks, such as coding or gaming, making it easy to find the right keys quickly.
- Durable design: Per-key RGB keyboards are often made with high-quality materials, such as aluminum or steel, which can make them more durable and long-lasting than traditional keyboards.
- Enhanced aesthetics: The customizable lighting effects of per-key RGB keyboards can add an element of style and personality to any setup, making it a great addition for those looking to enhance the aesthetics of their desktop.
Our picks for the best Per Key RGB keyboards
We’ve selected three keyboards at different price points: Low, mid and high. The list is not in any chronological order.
Razer Ornata V2 Gaming Keyboard
The Razer Ornata V2 provides a unique and comfortable gaming experience. It features Razer’s Mecha-Membrane technology, which combines the tactile feel of a mechanical keyboard with the quietness of a membrane keyboard. This allows gamers to enjoy the satisfying clicky feel of a mechanical keyboard while also minimizing the noise level, making it ideal for use in shared spaces or during late-night gaming sessions.
The Ornata V2 also comes equipped with customizable Chroma RGB backlighting. This feature allows users to choose from a wide range of colors and lighting effects to create a personalized look for their keyboard. The backlighting can also be synced with other Chroma-enabled devices, such as Razer mice or headsets, to create a cohesive and immersive gaming setup.
The Razer Ornata V2 is also designed with durability in mind. The keys are rated for up to 80 million keystrokes, ensuring that the keyboard will last even with heavy use. And it’s compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
Furthermore, the keyboard has a built-in wrist rest, which provides added comfort during prolonged use and reduces the risk of strain injuries.
The Razer Ornata V2 is a cost-effective gaming keyboard that delivers a unique typing and gaming experience, RGB lighting customization and advanced features. It’s an ideal choice for gamers who desire a comfortable, durable and customizable keyboard.
Corsair K100 Gaming Keyboard
The Corsair K100 is a top-of-the-line gaming keyboard that offers a wide range of features for gamers. One of its key features is the use of Cherry MX RGB Speed Silver mechanical key switches, which are known for their fast actuation and high durability. These switches provide tactile and audible feedback, which can help improve the overall gaming and typing experience.
In terms of design, the K100 features a sleek and sturdy aluminum frame that gives the keyboard a premium look and feel. The keyboard also comes with customizable RGB lighting, which can be adjusted to match the color scheme of your gaming setup. Lighting can be synced with audio, creating an immersive experience.
In terms of functionality, the Corsair K100 has fully programmable keys with onboard memory. This allows users to create and store macros, which are sequences of keystrokes and commands, to streamline their gaming experience.
The K100 also includes a built-in media control wheel, which allows users to easily adjust the volume or skip tracks without having to leave the game. Additionally, the keyboard has a detachable wrist rest that can be attached for added comfort during prolonged gaming sessions.
For gamers who frequently use macros, the K100 offers 6 programmable macro keys, which can be customized to perform specific actions. This can help to streamline gameplay and improve the overall efficiency of your gaming setup.
Redragon K556 gaming keyboard
The Redragon K556 is a budget-friendly mechanical gaming keyboard that offers a top-notch gaming experience. Its mechanical keys provide a satisfying tactile feel and audible click, making them perfect for both gaming and typing.
One of the best features of the Redragon K556 is its customizable backlighting. The keyboard has bright and vibrant backlighting that can be adjusted to the user’s preference. Backlighting can be turned off completely or set to one of the pre-programmed lighting modes. Users can customize lighting by adjusting the brightness and color. This can add a nice touch of personalization to the keyboard.
The Redragon K556 is made to last with its sturdy aluminum build that can withstand heavy usage during gaming sessions and everyday use. It also features multimedia controls for convenient volume and track adjustments without having to leave the current application.
Overall, the Redragon K556 is a great option for budget-conscious gamers who are looking for a high-performance gaming keyboard.
For more gaming content, check out our review of the Acer Predator Helios 500.