Apple recently unveiled the next generation Mac Mini. While it looks the same as its predecessor, there’s no denying that it offers so much value for the price. This is likely one of the best computers money can buy at this price point.
Starting at only $599, the Mac Mini sports the M2 chip, one of the most efficient and powerful chips of this generation. Additionally, the Mac Mini can also be configured with the M2 Pro, making it a worthy device for professionals.
Click here to learn why Apple silicon chips are so powerful.
The M2 Mac Mini is versatile
Due to its small size, the Mac Mini can be stored in a bag and transported between different locations. Packed with the latest M2 chip, students, professionals and businesses can use this device to work on demanding tasks.
Compared to a regular desktop PC, it’s not common to find this level of performance and efficiency in such a small device.
The M2 Mac Mini is powerful
It’s no secret that Apple is really good at making efficient powerful chips. The M2 and M2 Pro follow suit, with impressive performance. Here’s an outline of the Mac Mini’s specs and what it can do.
The M2 Model specs
- 8-core CPU and a 10-core GPU
- Upto 24GB of unified memory and 1000GB/s bandwidth
- ProRes acceleration
- Simultaneously play up to two streams of 8K ProRes 422 video or up to 12 streams of 4K ProRes video.
- Two Thunderbolt 4 ports and support up to two displays
The M2 Pro model specs
- Up to 12-core GPU and a 19-core GPU.
- Up to 32GB of unified memory and 200GB/s of memory bandwidth.
- 40% faster neural engine than M1.
- Can play up to five streams of 8K ProRes 422 video at 30 fps, or up to 23 streams of 4K ProRes 422 video at 30 fps
- Four Thunderbolt 4 ports and support up to three displays.
- Support for one 8K display.
Both models will feature two USB-A ports, an HDMI port, Gigabit Ethernet, a high-impedance headphone jack, Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.3
For a full overview of the specs, click here. Also, to learn more about the M2 chip, check out this link.
Is the M1 Mac Mini still a good buy?
It’s established that the M2 Mac Mini is a better computer than the M1 Mini. But for those on a tight budget, is the M1 Mac Mini still a good buy?
Though it’s been over two years since Apple unveiled the M1 Mac Mini, it’s still as impressive as it was on launch. It’s compact, versatile, powerful, efficient and well-designed. The M1 chip is also incredibly fast and efficient by today’s standards, delivering high performance while using less power than traditional desktop computers.